TAGEOS NAMED A RED HERRING TOP 100 GLOBAL
Prestigious award caps off a year of growth and business momentum for maker of breakthrough 100% paper-based RFID labels
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONTPELLIER, France and BENTONVILLE, Arkansas (November 26, 2013) – RFID label maker Tageos announced that is was named a Red Herring Top 100 Global.
Red Herring’s Top 100 Global list has become a mark of distinction for identifying promising new companies and entrepreneurs. Red Herring editors were among the first to recognize that companies such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Skype, Salesforce.com, YouTube, and eBay would change the way we live and work.
“We are very proud to have been named a Red Herring Top 100 Global,” said Matthieu Picon, CEO of Tageos. “This award recognizes the momentum we have in the global marketplace for RFID item-level labeling with our lower cost yet high performance 100% paper-based RFID labels.”
Red Herring’s editorial staff evaluate companies on both quantitative and qualitative criteria, such as financial performance, technology innovation, management quality, strategy, and market penetration. Their assessment of potential is complemented by a review of the track record and standing of start-ups relative to their peers. This allows Red Herring to see past the “buzz” and make the list a valuable instrument of discovery and advocacy for the most promising new business models from around the world.
“Choosing the companies with the strongest potential was by no means a small feat,” said Alex Vieux, publisher and CEO of Red Herring. “After rigorous contemplation and discussion, we narrowed our list down from hundreds of candidates from across the globe to the Top 100 Winners. We believe Tageos embodies the vision, drive and innovation that define a successful entrepreneurial venture. Tageos should be proud of its accomplishment, as the competition was the strongest it has ever been.”
Being recognized as one of the most promising private technology companies in the world caps a year of growth and business momentum for the maker of breakthrough paper-based RFID labels.
- In January 2013, Tageos opened a sales office in New Delhi, India. In May, Tageos recruited Mike Grobler as VP of Sales & Business Development for the Americas. Mike Grobler is an RFID industry veteran who previously worked with NXP and Impinj, where he was responsible for the Walmart account.
- The company invested significantly in branding and marketing on a global scale. It was a sponsor of the world’s largest RFID tradeshow, RFID Journal Live! in Orlando, Florida in May 2013. At the event, Tageos unveiled its new brand identity, garnering much attention from industry watchers.
- All throughout the year, Tageos firmed up its relationship with over 100 local RFID integrator partners around the world. Over 50% of Tageos RFID label sales are now influenced by at least one integrator.
- In October, the EOS-400 label, the company’s flagship RFID label for retail apparel, whose 70 mm x 17 mm dimensions match those of the most widely used retail apparel RFID labels worldwide, was certified for use in retail apparel by the University of Arkansas.
- Tageos has recently added three new premier European apparel retailers to its client list, who are turning to the company for their item-level RFID labeling needs.
“With our extensive product range of item-level labels that are significantly lower cost yet match, and sometimes exceed the performance of alternative plastic inlay-based RFID tags, we allow our customers to achieve double digit percentage savings. For our larger retail clients, the savings made possible by Tageos may potentially add up to millions of dollars each year,” added Matthieu Picon.
Alongside this year’s business momentum, the Red Herring Top 100 Global award is one more tell-tale sign Tageos is poised to keep on impacting the global RFID industry in 2014.
About Red Herring
Red Herring Global is the culmination of a year’s work scouring thousands of privately held companies from around the world. The pools of candidates for the award are the top private companies from the Regional competitions in Europe, North America and Asia.
Tageos designs, manufactures and sells globally patented 100 percent paper-based passive UHF RFID labels for item-level tagging of consumer goods and business assets. They are significantly lower-cost yet match the performance of alternative plastic inlay-based tags. The Tageos product range of ready-to-use RFID labels is extensive, allowing customers to conveniently label a variety of items with different shapes and sizes. Leading RFID labs, including the University of Arkansas and the European EPC Competence Center (EECC), certify Tageos’ labels meet defined high-levels of performance, reliability and quality. The company is based in Montpellier, France, and has sales offices in Bentonville, Arkansas, and New Delhi, India. For more information about Tageos, please visit our website at www.tageos.com.
+33 (0)4 67 99 99 50