Tageos Expands Product Range with New RFID Hang Tags
Together with previously available self-adhesive labels, new hang tags allow Tageos customers to turn to just one vendor for all their item-level labeling needs.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONTPELLIER, France and REDWOOD CITY, California (April 17, 2013) – Tageos announced today that four out of the six products in its comprehensive product range of 100% paper-based, inlay-less passive UHF RFID labels for item-level tagging are now available in a new TT printable hang tag format, in addition to their previous availability as self-adhesive labels.
Item-level tagging in the apparel, jewelry, healthcare, and cosmetics sectors is on the rise. Tagging of mobile business assets for logistics and asset tracking purposes is also growing across all industries and geographies. While many items, such as pharmaceutical products, cosmetics, packaged garments, or computers are best tagged with self-adhesive labels, other items such as hanging apparel, large sporting goods, and shoes are best labeled with a hang tag that is attached via a plastic fastener or a thread.
“Together with previously available Tageos self-adhesive labels, our new ready-to-use hang tags will allow our customers to conveniently RFID label items of all shapes and sizes,” said Matthieu Picon, co-founder & CEO of Tageos. “Tageos customers may now turn to just one vendor for all their item-level RFID labeling needs.”
Because they do away with plastic inlays and are 100% paper-based, Tageos self-adhesive and hang tag labels are lower cost to produce than all other RFID tags currently on the market – a cost advantage Tageos passes onto its customers via prices that are up to 30% lower than those of its competitors.
“Our customers start saving on their annual RFID consumable budget beginning with the very first label they procure from Tageos. And for large apparel retailers, switching over to Tageos from plastic inlay-based labels may yield several millions of dollars in savings each year,” said Matthieu Picon.
Tageos products that are immediately available in both self-adhesive and hang tag formats include the EOS-500, EOS-400, EOS-300, and EOS-200 ready-to-use RFID labels.
- EOS-200. For small apparel, fashion accessories, and cosmetics applications: 2.36*0.98 in / 60*25 mm in size, this label is equipped with microchip Alien Higgs3™ or Alien Higgs4™.
- EOS-300. For apparel applications: 2.60*1.53 in / 66*39 mm in size, this label is equipped with microchip Alien Higgs3™ or Alien Higgs4™.
- EOS-400. For apparel, logistics and asset tracking applications: 3.22*0.98 in / 82*25 mm in size, this label is equipped with microchip Alien Higgs3™ or Alien Higgs4™.
- EOS-500. For apparel, logistics and asset tracking applications: 4.33*1.18 in / 110*30 mm in size, this label is equipped with microchip Alien Higgs3™ or Alien Higgs4™.
The new ready-to-use RFID hang tags from Tageos are printable on both sides.
- As an optional service to its customers, Tageos may print either just one or both sides of the hang tag with fixed data in black and white or full color. With this service, customers enjoy the benefits of receiving ready-to-use labels from Tageos, branded to their specifications, that are ready to be TT variable data printed and encoded.
- One of the two sides may be TT printed with variable data by Tageos customers themselves or their preferred service bureau leveraging the TT variable data printing capabilities offered by Tageos’ certified printing-encoding partners Zebra Technologies™, Toshiba™, and Printronix™.
The European EPC Competence Center (EECC) certifies the EOS-300 and the EOS-400 for use in apparel applications, and the EOS-500 for logistics applications. The University of Arkansas certifies the EOS-500 for use in apparel applications.
Tageos invites visitors to RFID Journal Live! 2013 in Orlando this coming April 30 through May 2, 2013 to see its full product range at work in booth # 612. The Tageos booth will feature a reproduction of a fashion apparel store aisle, where the company will demonstrate how its RFID hang tags and self-adhesive labels together support simplified tagging of apparel and fashion accessories of all shapes and sizes.
Free samples of all Tageos products may be ordered free of charge from anywhere in the world on the company’s website at www.tageos.com
Tageos is a registered trademark of Tageos SAS. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Based in Montpellier, France, with sales offices in New Delhi and San Francisco, Tageos designs, manufactures, and sells globally patented 100% paper-based passive UHF RFID labels for item-level tagging of consumer goods and business assets that are significantly lower cost yet match the performance of alternative plastic inlay-based tags. The Tageos product range of ready-to-use RFID labels is comprehensive, allowing the company’s customers to conveniently label all items of various shapes and sizes. Leading RFID labs including the University of Arkansas and the European EPC Competence Center (EECC) certify Tageos labels. Tageos allows its customers to achieve upwards of millions of dollars in savings each year. For more information about Tageos, please visit our website at www.tageos.com
+33 (0)4 67 99 99 50